Thursday, December 13, 2012

End of Semester Reflection

This semester I have learned a lot about the wide variety of technology available and how to utilize it in the classroom. I had never dreamed about all the different resources that were available to teachers - from Smartboards, to Prezi's, to Storybook and so much more. There is so much potential for implementing technology everyday in the classroom in order to make lessons more engaging, stimulating, and fun. Besides learning about the amount of technology available, I have gained confidence in my skills of using technology in a classroom setting. I have learned how to present technology in a classroom and how to use a Smartboard. Also, I feel like I have gleaned a whole heap of insightful hints on how to be a great teacher. Thank you Mrs. Adair!

When I chose my NET's at the beginning of the semester, I hardly understood what NET's even were. I feel like I have come far in learning about them. The NET's for Teachers that I focused on this semester were:

Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
Teachers design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessment incorporating
contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in the NETS·S.
a. Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity
b. Develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable all students to pursue their individual curiosities and become active participants in setting their own educational goals, managing their own learning, and assessing their own progress
c. Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles,
working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources
d. Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching

Although I still have a lot to learn relating to the NETS, I have learned how to design and incorporate technological learning experiences using the my new knowledge of the tools available. Technology is a great way to engage students in the learning process. It is especially helpful when it comes to students with different learning styles because there is much variety when using technology in a classroom. There are also a lot of different ways to provide formative and summative assessments through technology. There are many ways that students can participate in fun activities that assess what they have learned. Also, technology gives students opportunity to be creative and original through technology tools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment